Website Privacy Statement
The Financial Services Union ("FSU", "we", "us" ,"our") takes security and privacy seriously. This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website. While we may link to external websites, we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on those sites.
When we say your "personal data", we mean any information that can identify an individual such as name, address, date of birth, etc.
What information do we collect?
We fully respect your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal data about you on this website without your clear permission. We collect information in two ways:
Information you provide to us
On each of our online forms there will be further details of why we are collecting the information asked for. We will always ask for your consent to process your information before you can submit the form.
When you provide information to us through forms on this website, we store and process that data as follows:
- Contact Form: Enquiries made through our 'contact form' are passed on by email to FSU staff. A copy of each enquiry is stored on the web server for 60 days and then deleted automatically.
- Membership Application Form: Membership applications made through our 'join online form' are passed on by email to FSU staff for processing. No copies of the application data are stored on the web server.
- Membership Update Form: Updates made through our 'membership update form' on the members' section of the site are passed on by email to FSU staff for processing. No copies of the updated data are stored on the web server.
Information we collect automatically
- Log information: Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged for our statistical purposes. The technical details logged include the following items: the IP address of your internet connection, the type of browser you are using, the date and time you accessed our site, the pages you have accessed and the documents downloaded, and the previous website address from where you reached us, including any search terms used.
- Usage information: We use Google Analytics to collect information about your usage of our website. The usage data includes information such as pages viewed, your geographic location, the browser used, and information about your device. To opt-out of this data collection you can install the Google Analytics opt-out tool, or you can choose to disable cookies on our site.
- Do Not Track Signals: Your Web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. We respect the 'do not track' signal and will disable cookies and auto-loading of embedded content on your initial visit if it is enabled.
How do we use your information?
We use your information in the following ways:
- To remember your preferences and settings - for example by remembering your cookie preference so that you will not have to re-set it during this or subsequent visits;
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the website, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the website) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the website, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To process your enquiries made through the contact or other forms on the site;
- In the manner described to you at the time of collection or as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your personal data to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- Members' contact data is shared with third parties who provide services to the FSU in areas such as SMS messaging, surveys, and other methods of communication.
How long do we store your data for?
We only store your information for as long as necessary for the purposes of processing set out in this statement. Specific retention policies for personal data are provided under the 'information you provide to us' section above. Web server logs are retained for 30 days.
Personal data is not transferred to, or stored in, any location outside of the European Economic Area.
What are your rights?
Under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have a number of rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the details below.
In addition to this you may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority for the FSU is the Data Protection Commissioner - Ireland (https://www.dataprotection.ie).
Security on this website
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our website for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
Other measures include ensuring that all pages are served over SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), and all emails generated on the site use TLS (Tranport Layer Security).
Updates to this statement
We may modify or update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect the changes in our operation or in privacy legislation, and so you should review this page periodically.
This Privacy Statement was last amended on 24th May 2018.
If you have any queries relating to this Privacy Statement or our use of your personal data, please contact us via email at email@example.com, or in writing to:
Data Protection Officer,
Financial Services Union,
One Stephen Street Upper,
Dublin 8, D08 DR9P,