Nadia asks "I would like to apply for parental leave. What am I entitled to?"
Hi Nadia, You are entitled to take up to 26 weeks of parental leave.
You can take this leave as:
- One continuous period of leave or
- 2 separate blocks of a minimum of 6 weeks each
- If your employer consents, broken into working days and/or hours
There must be a gap of at least 10 weeks between the 2 periods of parental leave per child.
You must have been working for your employer for at least a year to get the full amount of parental leave. You must give your employer at least 6 weeks’ notice before taking parental leave.
- Derek asks "I have an issue that I want raise formally with my employer. How do I go about doing this?"
- Michael asks "I fear it may be stipulated in my contract with my employer that membership of a union is prohibited. Can you advise if this is legal?"
- Ben asks "I was out sick during a bank holiday. Am I entitled to benefit from it?"