Laura asks "I have concerns about my health and safety in my workplace. How can I raise it?"

Hi Laura, Report any concerns you have to your colleague-elected Safety Representative. If you do not have one in your workplace, speak with your employer's health and safety officer. By law it is your employer's duty provide and maintain a safe workplace.

  • It is your duty to report any defects in the place of work or equipment which might be a danger to health and safety.It is also your duty to take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself and of other people in the workplace.
  • You cannot be victimised for exercising your rights under safety and health legislation such as making a complaint.