Sound Advice for Financial Services Workers
- Identify callers before opening the door. If in doubt, don't open the door.
- Use solid doors and good deadlocks.
- Keep windows locked.
- At night, close curtains before turning on lights.
- Keep front boundary hedges and fences low to maximise your view.
- Keep rear boundaries high to maximise your security and privacy.
- Keep young children in sight or, if leaving them with someone else, ensure that the minder is aware of the risk of kidnapping.
Travelling to Work
- Be alert, especially when leaving or entering your home or workplace.
- Where at all possible, vary your routes and the times of your journeys.
- Travel with company where possible.
- Report any suspicious vehicles or people.
- If you think you are being followed, contact police immediately and try to avoid becoming isolated
- Be suspicious of anyone trying to get you to stop or to leave your vehicle.
- If possible, keep windows closed and doors locked
- When stopping, do not allow yourself to be "boxed in" - leave enough room to manoeuvre
- When parking, do not leave anything in your vehicle that may identify your occupation or business.
- Try to avoid parking anywhere that may become dark or isolated before your return.